Cheesy, crunchy, packed with flavor – not to mention super quick and simple – this really is the Best Egg Sandwich!
Sometimes you want something a little hearty, maybe a little warm and comforting, and a lot satisfying for breakfast. This egg sandwich checks every single box so that you can start your morning off in the very best way. (Psst…It’s also a super quick warm lunch!)
Ingredients for the Best Egg Sandwich
We started by gathering some staples from one of our favorite stores, Aldi. They don’t pay us to say this, but that store has so many hidden gems that are delicious additions to so many meals. It’s a favorite around here, for sure.
Our Best Egg Sandwich was inspired by the Chimichurri Salsa by Specialty Selects, and Aldi brand. It’s not always in stock, so we sought out an equally tasty alternative. Either one, or your own fav jarred salsa, will work here!
Add prepared guac for ease, or homemade if you’re feeling like making it. An English muffin, an egg, and cheese make it a sandwich you will begin craving again as soon as it is gone.
Put It All Together
The steps are easy: toast your English muffin, then top it with cheese while it’s still warm so that the cheese begins to melt. While all that is happening, fry your egg to your liking. It can be scrambled, over hard, over easy, or somewhere in between.
Over here, we are a house divided – one likes it with a runny yoke and other cooked halfway through. Both are absolutely excellent!
Add your fried egg to the cheese side of your muffin, then smear some guac and salsa on the other half. Put it all together and enjoy!
Maybe make two, ‘cause you’ll probably want seconds. These are so good!
The BEST Egg Sandwich
- 1 english muffin
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 whole large egg
- 1 slice of colby jack or cheddar cheese
- 2-3 tablespoons guacamole any kind
- 1-2 tablespoons Aldi’s Specialty Selected Chimichurri or Pastilla & Chipotle Salsa
- Toast & Cook: Toast the English muffin. While that toasts, heat the butter in a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add your egg and cook to your preference.
- Assemble Your Sandwich: When your english muffin is toasted, immediately put the cheese on the bottom half so it can melt. Place your cooked egg on top of the cheese.Spread the guacamole on the top half of the English muffin and top with the salsa.
- Enjoy: Put it all together and enjoy it while it is warm!
- Any type of cheese or salsa will work well here, but these are our favorite.
- We like this with a fried egg with the yolk just a bit runny, but you can cook your egg any way that you like! Scrambled would also be delicious.
- Feel free to adjust the amounts used in this recipe to suit your taste. Think of these as guidelines, rather than rules.