Roasted pistachios, lemon, and cardamom shine in this flavorful Lemon Pistachio Granola recipe, perfect for topping yogurt or eating by the handful!
We love breakfast over here, and as a part of that meal, granola is an absolute staple. It’s so easy to make at home and you can do so many variations! Really, it’s the easiest and most fun recipe to play around with.
Pistachios and lemon are a winning combination in so many things. Granola is no exception. A touch of cardamom brings warmth, citrus notes, and hint of spiciness. It is oh-so-good and a wonderful way to brighten up your own breakfast game!
Making This Lemon Pistachio Granola Recipe
Granola is super straightforward to make. Stir together your dry ingredients in one bowl, then whisk together your wet ingredients in another bowl, stir them all together, and bake for an hour at a low oven temp until it’s golden brown, toasty, and dry.
Cool in the pan, then scoop it up into an airtight container, where it will keep at room temperature for a month (or more). It’s so simple!
Play with it as much as you like by subbing in other nuts, seeds, or flavorings. But remember to keep the ratio of wet to dry ingredients the same or it won’t bake up the same way.
Please try it as written first, though, so you can see what a winning combo this truly is!
Some Handy Equipment
You will need just a few standard things for this recipe. Here are some of our favorites, if you are in the market for something new. (Note that these are not affiliate links, just things we use and love!)
- Sheet Pan – These from USA Pan are sturdy, reliable, and the lighter color keeps everything from darkening too quickly in the oven. You will use these for so many things, so stock up!
- Mixing Bowls – A good set of mixing bowls in different sizes is perhaps the single most useful thing in the kitchen. Choose a set, like this one, that is sturdy, dishwasher-safe, and not too heavy. In this set, each bowl has a super-useful spout for easy pouring.
- Whisk – There are so many types of whisks out there. The most universally useful are balloon whisks. We like having both a small one and a large one on hand.
- Silicone Spatulas – You will use these in almost everything you make. The silicone can stand a lot of heat so you can use them on the stovetop but they remain super flexible for scraping out the last bit of granola mixture or batter out of those bowls. We like having at least two large and two smaller ones on hand. If you cook and bake a lot, it’s definitely worth it to spend a bit more for spatulas that will hold up for a long time.
- Storage Jars – These glass jars are perfect for items like this granola, or pretty much anything else. The glass helps you see when your supply is getting low. These jars look nice and help you stay organized, too. Plus, they are inexpensive and available at so many different places. We love this option from Ikea.
Serving Your Lemon Pistachio Granola
Granola truly is a perfect breakfast item. Serve it over yogurt with some fruit (our fav!) or in a bowl with some milk (like cereal). We highly recommend serving it with some of our homemade Instant Pot Vanilla Yogurt!
This particular granola also works well in savory settings. Try it sprinkled over grilled chicken or pork, particularly if you season your meat with lemon and pepper, or something that hints at the granola flavors.
Granola makes a great homemade gift! Make up a double batch of this Lemon Pistachio Granola recipe, then package it in small decorative jars tied with a ribbon. Add a tag with the recipe, too, to complete the gift. Simple, pretty, delicious!
Have some fun trying it in new ways and let us know what you come up with!
The Best Lemon Pistachio Granola Recipe
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup raw shelled pistachios
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup flax meal
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest from 2 small lemons
- 2 teaspoons ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse kosher salt or 1/8 teaspoon table salt
- Prep: Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Mix Dry Ingredients: In a large bowl, stir together the oats, pistachios, coconut, flax meal, and chia seeds.
- Mix Wet Ingredients: In a separate small bowl, whisk together the melted butter, honey, lemon zest, cardamom, and salt.
- Combine Wet & Dry: Pour the butter mixture over the oat mixture and stir together until there are no remaining dry pockets and everything is evenly coated. Spread the mixture onto a sheet pan in an even layer.
- Bake: Bake in your preheated oven for 40-45 minutes, stirring the granola every 15-20 minutes.
- Cool & Enjoy! When it is evenly golden brown and dry to the touch, remove from the oven and cool completely in the pan on a wire rack.