Granola is one of the simplest staples to make at home and we always have some on hand. Our Coconut Lime Granola is a fresh tropical take on this comforting classic.
Granola is one of the most versatile and forgiving recipes, so you can make it just how you like it. It’s also so easy to mix together and keeps well at room temperature. The ingredients are relatively inexpensive, but buying packaged granola is decidedly not. Making your own is a no-brainer! The only thing you really need is a bit of time for the mixture to bake slowly in a low oven. It’s worth every second for this crunchy, chewy, warmly seasoned mix.
The method is super simple: combine all of the dry ingredients in a large bowl, melt and whisk together the wet ingredients in a separate bowl, then throw it all together to bake! Make it your own by swapping out ingredients, or simply omit any that you don’t like. The key to experimenting with granola is to keep the ratio of dry to wet ingredients about the same. You want to make sure all of the dry ingredients are coated lightly with the liquid for flavor and the perfect clusters.
Serve this over yogurt for a healthy breakfast, or eat it like cereal with your favorite milk. It’s also great as a topping on ice cream or other desserts. Or throw some on top of a salad for a great take on croutons – the crunch and flavor is amazing with any type of greens!
Have you checked out our Instant Pot Vanilla Yogurt recipe? It’s amazing and so simple! Also take a look at our Buttery Maple Almond Granola recipe here. Make both types of granola along with yogurt to serve for brunch over the holidays – just add fruit and a batch of Strawberry Shortcake Scones for the brunch spread everyone will be talking about!
Lime and Coconut Granola
- 4 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1-1/2 cup coconut flakes
- 1-1/2 cup pecans
- 1/2 cup pepitas
- 1/2 cup hemp hearts (optional)
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger (or heaping 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, coconut, pecans, pepitas, and hemp hearts (if using). Set aside.
- In a small pot, melt the coconut oil, honey, and butter. Once it melts, remove from the heat and add the maple syrup, lime juice, ginger, and salt. Stir until combined.
- Pour the warm oil mixture over the dry ingredients, stirring until all of the dry ingredients are coated. Spread it all out on a jelly roll pan and bake for 1 hour and 25-30 minutes, stirring every 25-30 mins. The granola is done when it is golden brown and dry to the touch.
- Remove from the oven and cool completely in the pan on a wire rack. Once cooled, mix in cranberries and lime zest.